The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) voted in, 2008 to approve a regulation beginning, January 2010 that requires, all black car service vehicles to be capable of achieving a city mileage driving rating of 30 miles per gallon.
In an effort to do our part, Legend Limousines, Inc. is the first Long Island limousine company to integrate hybrid vehicles into their fleet. These vehicles are luxurious, roomy, very quiet and as with all of our vehicles, clients are treated to our Legendary Service.
See NYC press release mandating stricter emissions Here
Participate in Legend Limousines “Ride Green” program. Let us Thank You for going green with us!
Our Toyota Camry Hybrid vehicles are maintained in top running conditions and burn less fuel and emit less pollution. When opting to ride in Legend Limousines Toyota Camry Hybrid you are exempt from the fuel surcharge on any airport, pick-up/drop-off or Leisure service.
See our rates for corporate clients for the new Camry Here
Check out pictures of our new Hybrid Camry Here
Other Tips for “Going Green”:
- Use iron instead of non-stick pans
- Buy organic foods
- Plant an herb garden
- Switch lights to Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs’
- Stop using disposable bags, order reusable
- Filter your drinking & cooking water
- Avoid large ship & air transportation when possible
- Drive & rent fuel efficient cars
- Pay as many bills as possible online
- Turn off lights when you are not in a room
- Set your thermostat lower in winter and higher in summer when you are not home
- Unplug unused chargers and appliances
- Use cloth instead of paper products
- Wash your laundry on cold instead of hot
- Car pool