You may think limousines are a small part of planning your wedding. Some don’t think to reserve limos until closer to the wedding date. However it is at that point when they realize that limousines are a major part of the wedding day in order for things to go as smoothly as possible. If you wait too long your options will be limited. Plan ahead and reserve your limos early on in your planning process. Here are some suggestions to ensure your special day go as smooth as possible.
Your first priority in planning the perfect day is to determine the location, date, and time of your nuptials. Soon thereafter you should find photographer. Choosing the right photographer is important not only because they will be with you the entire day but because you are entrusting them to capture every moment of this important event. These photos will be the lasting memories of your special day. You and your photographer will determine if there is a need to travel to a separate picture location to take pictures that will be different from where you will be getting dressed the site of the ceremony and reception hall.
Once you have chosen the date, time and locations of your nuptials and have determined with your photographer the location of the photo shoots the next step would be to book your limousines. Having this entire in place will make it much easier for you to determine the duration you will need to hire the limousines.
Choose the Perfect Limousines Company for your Wedding
Your wedding is a very special day and you want to make sure the limo company you hire is able to deliver the best vehicles and service for your money.
Here are several factors that should be considered when booking limousines service.
- Research the companies you are interested in, before you make an appointment to view the cars and speak with a company representative. Don’t waste your time with a company that has bad reviews. (To find a limo company checkout local bridal magazines and websites such liweddings.com, weddingwire.com, BBB, LI Bride & Groom, The Knot, etc…)
- Check to see if the Limousine Company you are interested specializes in weddings or has a Wedding/Special events coordinator on staff. These specialists are very valuable as they are especially knowledgeable about the industry and are trained to help you determine, plan and coordinate your limo needs.
- Get the right vehicle. If you have a large bridal party the most cost effective plan would be to hire a large SUV limousine or a Party/Limo bus. An additional benefit to choosing one of these is that your bridal party will not be split up and there is plenty of room so they all can enjoy the ride comfortably. Others may decide that they do not want a bus in their pictures and would prefer a specialty vehicle, (like an Antique Rolls Royce). This would allow the bride and groom to ride alone, spending some quiet time in between the church pictures and reception.
- Know what you are paying for. When you get a quote from a limousines company or any vendor for that matter, make sure the price includes all taxes and fees. You do not want any surprises when you pay the deposit or even worse when you go to make the final payment. Make sure you read all the fine print when signing the contract.
- Inquire about any package deals before booking your limo. Many companies offer incentives and/or price discounts for hiring more than one limo for your wedding day.
- BOOK EARLY if you want a specialty car or if you saw a company that has a custom vehicle don’t delay the reservation since these cars are in demand and most likely will be booked as your special day draws near.
- Compare prices. Prices between companies vary- sometimes be a lot. There are many things that factor into why a company will be cheaper than another. Beware when a company is a lot less expensive especially when booking for your wedding! There are many things that factors to take into consideration when a limo company gives you a quote. Some things that make companies cheaper than others, chauffer’s wages, the age of the fleet of cars, ect… If the limo company has given you much lower quote than other companies it might mean that you will be paying for a driver that isn’t getting paid to take good care of the cars they are providing for your affair are older and/or don’t get regularly repaired and serviced. Some companies provide more options in the wedding packages that are reflected in the price. If you are looking for custom and specialty cars you will be paying premium as is the case if you prefer courteous and professional chauffeurs, newer and a well serviced fleet.
- See the limousines for yourself. Go to the limo company’s office to check out the appearance of the cars, the office and meet the staff
- Once you have booked your limos for your wedding make sure you keep in touch with the company. If you make any changes to the original contract email or call the limousines company to make sure they are accommodating the change.
- Reconfirm with the limo company the week before your wedding and again the day before to make sure you and the company are all in agreement with the entire plan of arrangements for your wedding day. Take the time to make your limo preparations in advance to ensure your enjoyment of this very special day so that on your wedding day you can sit back and enjoy the ride!